Traveling to Florida can be a dream come true for many, but it can also be a pricey endeavor. Fortunately, there are many insider tricks that can help you travel super cheap in Florida. Here are 9 of the best insider tricks to help you save money while traveling in the Sunshine State.
- Use travel reward points: Using travel reward points from credit cards, airlines, or hotel loyalty programs can help you save money on flights, hotels, and rental cars.
- Travel during off-peak seasons: Traveling during off-peak seasons can save you money on flights, hotels, and attractions. The best time to travel is during the shoulder season, when the weather is still good, but there are fewer tourists.
- Book last-minute deals: Many airlines and hotels offer last-minute deals to fill empty seats or rooms. Check websites like Expedia, Travelocity, and Priceline for last-minute deals on flights, hotels, and rental cars.
- Use budget airlines: Budget airlines like Frontier, Spirit, and Allegiant offer low-cost flights to Florida from many cities. Just be aware that budget airlines often charge extra fees for things like baggage and seat selection.
- Book a vacation rental: Renting a vacation home or apartment can be a great way to save money on accommodations, especially if you’re traveling with a group or family.
- Eat like a local: Eating out can quickly add up, especially in tourist areas. To save money, eat like a local and try local restaurants and street food.
- Use public transportation: Public transportation is an affordable way to get around Florida, with options including buses, trains, and trolleys. Many cities also offer bike rentals and bike-share programs.
- Visit free attractions: Florida offers plenty of free attractions, including beaches, parks, and museums. Some popular free attractions include the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, the Everglades National Park, and the Salvador Dali Museum.
- Take advantage of discounts: Many attractions in Florida offer discounts for students, seniors, and military members. Be sure to check their websites and social media pages for any available deals and discounts.
Traveling super cheap in Florida is possible with a little planning and research. By using travel reward points, traveling during off-peak seasons, booking last-minute deals, using budget airlines, renting a vacation home, eating like a local, using public transportation, visiting free attractions, and taking advantage of discounts, you can save money while experiencing all that Florida has to offer. So start planning your budget-friendly trip to the Sunshine State!